Higher Ground Youth & Family Services is hiring a Clinical Supervisor to oversee its behavioral health team.
This position will supervise practicum students, interns, and graduates working towards their licensure, and will
be responsible for providing clinical experience within the parameters of the trainee’s degree and level of
experience. As a dedicated and empathetic leader with strong relationship-building skills, this person will help
supervise and counsel Higher Ground’s behavioral health team members as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Working alongside the Preceptor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Program Director, and Family and Youth
Development Specialist, this position will guide practicum students within the MFT and MSW fields, to provide
high-quality and culturally appropriate care to a predominantly Latino population.
- Provide clinical supervision to practicum students as they engage in individual counseling, couples counseling, family therapy and group counseling.
- Assist clinical staff in the development of treatment plans.
- Supervise clinical staff’s casework, assist in the achievement of goals and objectives and track contract requirements as agreed upon with academic partners.
- Serve as clinical liaison between administration and behavioral health staff.
- Participate in training and supervisory programs.
- Ensure timely documentation with progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, notes to chart in Therapy Notes.
- Help build relationships with school sites that provide MFT or MSW trainees and assist in onboarding new team members.
- Build and maintain a positive team environment.
- Guide the organization in the development of policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Ensure consistent and quality training in best practices, clinical compliance with State and Federal regulations and established standards across our organization.
- Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work or related field.
- LMFT, LPCC or LCSW with current California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) registration.
- Supervisory CEUs (BBS approved).
- Professional experience required, knowledge of a nonprofit environment a plus.
- Ability to speak Spanish and experience serving youth is preferred.