Associate MFT in Oakland working with Children
- SF Bay Play Therapy Family Counseling Center
- Associate MFT
- Oakland, CA
- $20 - $60 hourly
SF Bay Play Therapy Family Counseling Center is hiring one associate MFT who is interested in joining our team of dedicated play therapists and building up a full caseload of child and family clients out of our lovely Grand Lake location. This is not a “get your kid hours and get out” position! It’s more of a “OMG I found other play therapists who get the struggle and passion to work with kids and can support me!!” position.
Work Schedule: Saturday and/or Sunday and Monday for in-person clients. Group supervision Thursday. Individual supervision likely Tuesday (TBD). Telehealth clients 2 days of your choosing.
Office location (for seeing clients and supervision): 3655 Grand Ave, Oakland, CA 94610
$60 per clinical hour to start (20 hrs/wk)
**It can take anywhere from 3-6 months to build up to 20 clinical hours weekly**
$20 per admin/supervision/training hour (8 hrs/wk)
Job Type: Full Time
If you are interested fill out the screening questions and email them along with your cover letter and resume to SFBayPlayTherapy@gmail.com with the title "Associateship for SF Bay Play Therapy Family Counseling Center”
1. Why do you want to join a group private practice focusing on doing play therapy with children ages 5-10 at this time?
2. What is your experience with using child-centered play therapy with children ages 5-10?
3. What is your experience with therapist-directed therapies (both expressive arts and CBT) with children ages 5-12?
4. Are you interested in being part of a community of close-knit play therapists and training in Sand Tray, Hand in Hand Parenting, and Child-Centered Play Therapy?
5. Does the schedule work for you? Saturday and/or Sunday and Monday for in-person clients. Group supervision Thursday. Individual supervision likely Tuesday (TBD). Telehealth clients 2 days of your choosing.
For seeing clients and supervision: 3655 Grand Ave, Oakland, CA 94610
Supervision may be at times: Greenwood Ct, Orinda, CA 94563
6. . Are you able to come to Oakland or Orinda for group supervision/training/business meeting on Thursdays 11am-2pm as well as an additional hour of individual/triadic supervision scheduled with your supervisor on a Monday-Friday?
7. Are you able to build up to 20 clients per week (onboarding 2 per week until your caseload is full. Referrals will come through the practice. No need to market yourself unless you desire to)?
8. Are you available during the week to get back to potential new clients for 15-minute intro calls within 24 hours of them reaching out?
9. What do you think clinically and how do you feel about rough house play with children in therapy (e.g. pillow fights, a child using a foam sword to pretend to cut off your limbs, nerf gun fights, figurine wars in which the child has you always lose by blowing up your house, killing your guy, etc)?
10. Are you interested in seeing couples? Are you interested in learning Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy? What training/experience with couples do you have?