Clinical Therapist Job Description
Looking for Associate Therapists (AMFT, ACSW, Psychological Associate)
*Position Overview*: Associate Clinical therapist will provide outpatient individual and group therapy to patients of Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth, Inc. Clinical therapy services include treatment of children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. We are currently looking for counselors who work with adults, teens, children, and couples who are anti-racist, social justice minded, and ready to be a part of a warm, supportive, and collaborative team. If you want to be part of a growing work family, apply!
*About* Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth: Here at Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth, we believe in creating the best atmosphere for our clients and employees and giving back to our community. We understand the importance of trauma in shaping our identity, informing our choices, and defining our limitations. We believe in the possibility of healing from trauma and guiding our clients to move from surviving to thriving, powerlessness to empowerment, and healing to personal growth.
*Our mission is to support and guide each individual, couple, or family unit in the process of healing and to facilitate the discovery and realization of that potential. We believe lack of money, time, or resources should not be a reason to hinder this process and we are dedicated to remove these obstacles and limitations in order to help everyone take the journey towards healing and personal growth. Our vision is to eliminate mental health stigma by creating awareness of, appreciation for, and acceptance of mental health self-care. We are a genuine, dynamic, and collaborative team who values working collaboratively and helping improve the health and wellness of our communities.
*Our Values*: Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth lives by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
*Salary: We currently have part-time W2 (employee) positions available. We offer a individual and group supervision and many opportunities for support, growth, and training. We offer support with documentation, intake, as well as billing. Hourly rate: $25-32 depending on experience.
There are bonuses depending on caseload.
* Perform on-site or telehealth clinical counseling services to patients of Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
* Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
* Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth.
* Respond to patients’ requests for service or calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such patients.
* Communicate with a patient’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
* Timely complete written records for each patient including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion (within 36 hours of the service provided and no longer than the Friday of each week). Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
* Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth.
* Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth.
* Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
* Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
*Qualifications and Skills*:
* Align with Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth mission, vision, and values.
* Must be punctual in reporting to work.
* Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work_;_ and
* Active, unrestricted registration (PhD, PsyD, ACSW, AMFT) in the State of CA. A copy must be provided to Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth.
* Available to hold at least 20-25 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth .
* Be organized and detail oriented.
* Be a team player.
* Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
* Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
*This position is not right for you if you’re:*
* Someone just looking for a job to clock in and out of.
* Someone who doesn’t feel passion for our mission, vision and values.
* Someone who wants to own their own business in the near future. If that’s you, awesome! But we’re not the place for you. We dedicate a lot of time to our teams, and provide the flexibility, autonomy and space to allow each member of our team to get creative in their role. The ideal person is invested in time and energy in Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth.
* Someone who doesn’t like to hop in and help others get their work done - we highly value teamwork.
* Someone who can’t function independently and needs consistent supervision.
*This position perfect for you if you’re:*
* Aligned with Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth mission, vision, and values.
* Energized by helping others in a team and contributing to the growth of Psychotherapy Center for Healing & Personal Growth
* Social justice oriented and practice anti-racism work.
* Creative, engaged in doing good work, and excited by furthering our mission to providing genuine care, consistent, and highly professional services to our clients.
* Able to take direct and constructive feedback to facilitate personal and professional growth.
Our website is: www.LaTraumaTherapists.com